REPORTS TO: Prevention Manager
WORK SITE: Main Office, Eugene
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Current FTE: 0.5 (20 hours/week)
- Starting pay $14/hr
- Paid days off per year (to start): 10 Vacation; 12 Sick; 9 Holiday. (31 Total) Prorated by FTE
- 403 (b) retirement benefits after 6 months, Employee Assistance Program
- This position is hourly and non-exempt, i.e. subject to state and federal wage and overtime requirements.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Prevention Outreach Worker will work closely with the Prevention Manager in the management and supervision of Syringe Exchange services and Naloxone distribution.
- Collect and maintain relevant data related to syringe exchange services
- Manage syringe exchange and Naloxone data entry
- Assist in developing grant proposals and grant reports
- Participate in community clean-ups
- Ensuring that syringe exchange is a safe and welcoming environment
- Provide syringe exchange at HIV Alliance and mobile exchange sites
- Supervise volunteers providing syringe exchange services
- Provide volunteers with trainings related to services
- Track, maintain, manage, and order supplies related to syringe exchange services, including Naloxone
- Coordinate the safe disposal of used syringes
- Provide referrals to HIV/HCV testing and other agency services
- Provide referrals to addiction treatment and other community services
- Support the wound care providers in set up, client referral, and issues as they arise
- Provide Naloxone training and kit distribution to syringe exchange clients and other community group
- Present to community groups about HIV, HCV, and Naloxone, including HIV 101 presentations
- Provide HIV/HCV testing and counseling services to at-risk populations
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are followed during syringe exchange services
- Attend workshops and trainings that are relevant to job responsibilities and which will encourage professional development and program growth
- Help foster community involvement, support and effective collaboration
- Participate in agency collaborative processes and committees
- Ability to regularly work evenings Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 5-8 and Friday 12-5.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including some weekends.
- Comfortable discussing sex, drug use, and HIV/AIDS
- Ability to de-escalate stressful or confrontational situations at syringe exchange
- Ability to represent the agency and syringe exchange to community members, law enforcement and others who have questions about syringe exchange in an informative and non-confrontational manner
- Ability to make sound decisions during off site syringe exchanges
- Experience working with and supervising volunteers
- Knowledge of local and statewide treatment and social service providers
- Knowledge of the unique issues affecting high-risk communities and willingness to learn about culturally relevant interventions for gay and bisexual men, people who inject drugs and people living with HIV/AIDS.
- Willingness to work with:
- marginalized, underserved populations.
- people who inject drugs.
- people who exchange sex goods/services
- gay/bisexual men and other men who have sex with men.
- individuals engaging in behavior considered to be high-risk for HIV.
- gay/bisexual young men and young people who inject drugs.
- Support of harm reduction philosophy and client-centered approach in prevention
- Comfortable handling safer injection and safer sex supplies
- Familiarity using Word, Excel, Microsoft Access, and Power Point
- Valid Oregon driver’s license, driving record sufficient to covered by agency auto insurance policy
- Ability to transport self to job-related events and locations
- Ability to pass agency criminal background check upon hire
- One year experience working with marginalized, underserved populations
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) ability; knowledge of culturally-relevant interventions for Spanish speaking, high-risk populations
- Degree in family and human services, public health or other related fields
TO APPLY: Please download application. Then, send PDF application, cover letter and resume to Tyler Boyet at email@example.com
Only complete applications including employment application, resume and cover letter will be considered.
Position open until filled.