DEPARTMENT: Behavioral Health
REPORTS TO: Behavioral Health Manager
JOB LOCATION: 1195a City View Street, Eugene, OR 97402
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Current FTE: 0.5 at hire, increase to up to 1.0 with client load (20-25 weekly client contact hours per 1.0 FTE)
- Salary Range: $34,000 unlicensed, $42,000 licensed
- Health insurance (medical, dental, vision) offered at 0.75 FTE or greater
- Paid holidays, vacation time, and discretionary leave prorated to FTE
- 403 (b) retirement benefits
- This position is salaried and exempt, i.e. not subject to state and federal wage and overtime requirements
The primary role of the Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) is to provide comprehensive mental health services and to provide initial assessment of behavioral health and substance use, and make appropriate referrals to outside community providers when needed. This position works closely with the Behavioral Health Support Specialist (BSS), Behavioral Health Manager, and Program Director to provide high-quality, low-barrier behavioral health services.
- Conduct and document comprehensive mental health assessments
- Develop Individual Services and Support Plan (ISSP) in collaboration with clients
- Provide individual, family or group psychotherapy within the scope of education and training
- Maintain confidentiality and records in compliance with CFR 42, HIPAA and HIVA policies and standards
- Ensure patient comfort while visiting HIV Alliance
- Serve as a client advocate and collaborate with Care Coordinators and Behavioral Health Support Specialist in helping clients get access to government benefits, services, and healthcare as needed
- Work with BSS to ensure appropriate referral follow up
- Administer outcome measuring tools
- Assist with mental health crisis situations during scheduled office hours
- Utilize the electronic data systems appropriately
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate degree Master’s or Doctorate) in clinical psychology, social work, counseling, or related behavioral health field.
- Professional license (Licensed Psychologist, LPC, LMFT, or LCSW) or registration as licensure intern
- Ability to become credentialed by the Coordinated Care Organization (CCO), and Division of Medical Assistance Programs (DMAP) as a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP)
- Demonstrable competency and experience in working with clients of diverse cultural backgrounds, especially LGBTQ+ clients, low-income clients, and clients with chronic health conditions, especially HIV+ and HCV.
- Demonstrable understanding of how trauma affects individual, family and community psychology and ability to offer trauma-informed services
- Demonstrable understanding of and ability to apply Harm Reduction principles
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a high impact, dynamic environment and maintain a positive attitude
- Alignment with HIV Alliance values
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and work on collaborative problem solving
- Ability to develop concise treatment plans, notes and progress records
- Ability to evaluate client progress and work with client to make adjustments
- Knowledge of mental health treatment and related issues, including DSM- V diagnostic criteria.
- Computer literacy
- Valid Oregon driver’s license, driving record sufficient to be covered by agency auto insurance policy, ability to transport self to job-related events, meetings and locations
- TB test (provided at agency)
- Flexible hours required, including some evenings and weekends
- Ability to pass agency criminal background check
TO APPLY: Please download application. Then, send PDF application, cover letter and resume to Jordan Shin at email@example.com
Only complete applications including employment application, resume and cover letter will be considered.
This position is open until filled.