Supporting individuals living with HIV/AIDS and preventing new HIV infections.
Adaptability and Innovation
HIV Alliance will be an international model for effective and efficient HIV prevention, advocacy, care and education.
Why an international model?
We recognize our agency and individual responsibility to provide leadership in every instance in our direct services, administration and individual positions because we acknowledge:
- The lack of priority of this cause locally and nationally and the lack of resources internationally to match the scale of the pandemic internationally
- The power of HIV and AIDS, if left unchecked, to destroy lives, relationships, cultures, countries and world stability
- The cumulative adverse impact this disease has on marginalized groups in this country and on developing countries internationally
- The overwhelming political reality and societal moral constraints that will not allow a disease transmitted through sexual activity and intravenous drug use to be tackled head-on by public health services.
What does it mean to be effective?
To be effective, we absolutely commit to finding and following best practices. If best practices don’t exist, we commit to creating them ourselves.
What does it mean to be efficient?
To be efficient, we absolutely commit to continually expand the reach of our work by simultaneously and diligently
- Managing our funds scrupulously and in the leanest manner possible
- Enlisting and training ever greater numbers of volunteers who join us in the work and the cause and
- Creating and developing community partnerships and resources, public and private, whenever possible.